Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What battery with trolling motor on pontoon?

Default What battery with trolling motor on pontoon?

What type of battery are you using for your trolling motor? Some sort of motorcycle battery, I would assume, but which one?

most guys use a regular deepcycle marine battery. i think optimas are the smallest but also the most expensive at around 160 bucks.

That would be a pontoon float tube, not an aluminum pontoon boat. I can't imagine carrying a full-size battery.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    That would be a pontoon float tube, not an aluminum pontoon boat. I can't imagine carrying a full-size battery.
    Thats what they all use. Can't remember of anybody using a motorcycle battery.

What you need depends a lot on your motor and how you intend to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    The battery you use is determined by the trolling motor you use.If you chose a motor with a 100 amp hr requirement you'll want a battery that will exceed that output. I use a Minn Kota 36 lb thrust Endura that has a105 amp hr requirement. I use an Everstart deep cycle marine battery that has a 115 amp hr output. I can run all day on a charge no sweat. The size of your toon will tell you what size motor. Here's a pic of my toon with the battery box on the rear deck. I mounted a 3 rod holder on the battery box and it works great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legends004.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	14976