Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Where to get cheap MRES?

Default Where to get cheap MRES?

Hey guys my friends and I are planning on going camping soon, and we wanted to bring some MRES for the hiking. I was wondering where should I go to purchase them for cheap. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

phyl

Ive seen them pretty cheap on eBay & Craigslist.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Army surplus store might be another option to check out if you haven't already.

Dude we are going to bbq and having a fish fry at the Vine, you can skip the mres this time around!

Where you camping Phyl?

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Army surplus store
    TD
    +1. I've picked them up from Army surplus before.
    Not very good as far as taste, but they'll do the trick. I like the little emergency tobasco bottles inside those things

You should just get some freezedried backpacking food from REI instead! Much more tasty. Some of it is even gourmet.

rei is also hella expensive. lol. id rather eat MRE's instead of the cheaper freeze dried food. the expensive stuff is good but expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post
    Ive seen them pretty cheap on eBay & Craigslist.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
    Thank you Dana I just went and got a case from craigslist and it was only 45$ so that saved me 15 bucks.

Army surplus store might be another option to check out if you haven't already.

Dude we are going to bbq and having a fish fry at the Vine, you can skip the mres this time around!

Where you camping Phyl?

TD
    Haha thats a good one but hey if your cooking I might have to eat the MREs. Oh and we are planning on camping somewhere in Sequoia National park, most likely somewhere around kernville next to the river.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    +1. I've picked them up from Army surplus before.
    Not very good as far as taste, but they'll do the trick. I like the little emergency tobasco bottles inside those things

You should just get some freezedried backpacking food from REI instead! Much more tasty. Some of it is even gourmet.
    I agree those little tobascos are a must with MREs, but I actually like 90% of the meals that pack. I haven't tried the gourmet ones stores sell but they always look expensive.

Don't drink the milkshakes, they might give you Montezuma's revenge.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2009/0...hakes_070109w/

http://salmonellalawsuit.com/?p=170

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post

Haha thats a good one but hey if your cooking I might have to eat the MREs. Oh and we are planning on camping somewhere in Sequoia National park, most likely somewhere around kernville next to the river.
    OHHHHHH I just got punked big time!

Dude I thought you were roughing it, screw the MREs! Hit me up before you take your trip, I got some info to share that might be of use to you.

See you next Saturday....

TD

OHHHHHH I just got punked big time!

Dude I thought you were roughing it, screw the MREs! Hit me up before you take your trip, I got some info to share that might be of use to you.

See you next Saturday....

TD
    Yea I will talk to you next saturday about the camping trip, and probably give you a call sometime next week and discuss what we are going to do about that weeks camping party at the vine