Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Kayak Fishing w/ 3rd Grip Holster?

Default Kayak Fishing w/ 3rd Grip Holster?

Hi all,

Just wondering how feasible it would be to fish from a kayak (sit top) using the 3rd Grip holster as a rod holder (in the case that the kayak doesn't have a rod holder or I want another one). I'm planning to rent as last week's trip fell through.

Thanks!

prob wont work, dont see where you can tie it off to. Why dont you just rent from OEX, they're yaks are built to fish

if you can't get it to work. i'll buy that 3rd grip from you. =)

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    prob wont work, dont see where you can tie it off to. Why dont you just rent from OEX, they're yaks are built to fish
    Looked at the pricing and it's almost twice as much as the malibu kayak rental place, which i think is $8/hr?

it's $28 for up to 2 at OEX. haha....

I ended up emailing the 3rd grip guys and one guy suggested slinging the bigger strap over my shoulder and using the bottom strap around my waist. This way the thing is hanging off my body. I think it might work out! He sent me pics of how it would look and it looks pretty legit.

I'm gonna give it a shot.

HEMAN, I don't plan on selling it - it's a pretty awesome thing to have. :) Why don't you just get one from Cabelas or something?