Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization

Quote Originally Posted by joe man View Post
    While I think you have made some good points I must disagree with your opinion that it would reduce the money spent on enforcement. If pot was as available as ciggerettes there would be a rise in crimes by the new addicts that would be hunting their fix.

Pot is often refered to as a gateway drug and from my experience with prisoners and addicts I have to agree that it usually leads to bigger problems. I will not argue against alcohol being just as bad but your idea that cigerettes are somehow equally on the same level as pot is a bit shortsighted. Cigerettes do not cause a drastic change on the thought process. As for budget shortfalls, it does not matter how much money the state brings in it will find a way to waste it all and then some.
    Actually pot does not cause violence or crimes, and if marijuana was available as ciggerettes their would be no need to "hunt a fix"

Pot is not a gateway more than alcohol is a gateway. I'm sure more people tried alcohol before marijuana. And your experience with "prisoners" well that's not a very good indication of all pot smokers at all.

You are right, cigarettes do not alter you thought process, they just cause more cancer than alcohol and marijuana combined, and a lot more health problems than marijuana. The change in thought process is one of the great things about marijuana, it really helps with depression, the sativa type that is. Not really a bad thing.

Also, yes, legalization would save us a lot of money, here is a Harvard economist that has done the research and has a different opinion than you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3QAlKx10c

Quote Originally Posted by jim532 View Post
    Do you think Warren Buffet smokes pot? There's a good chance he doesn't. Name 1 pot smoker that has achieved maintained his financial status and lifestyle.

Do you think the 35 year old college dropout selling popcorn at the movie theater smokes pot. There's a good chance he does.

Is pot a "gateway drug"? Of course it is. I'm not saying if you smoke pot you'll go on to do other drugs, but most people who will never try marijunana will most likely not try heroine or meth or crack or pcp.

They can legalize marijuana but there will be one problem that will exist that exists with everything that is legal - There is a black market for everything and there always will be.

People who do any kind of dope seem to have poor judgement, poor spending habbits, and tend to unreliable and not very dependable.

My office is near Santa Monica and LaBrea, there are grown men walking around the neighborhood dressed like women and sucking c0ck to support their drug habbits. I would guess their drug using career probably started with smoking marijuana.

OR it started because those people are mentally unfit to begin with. I love how marijuana is the cause of whatever state a person is in, yet nothing else could possibly be the reason. You are obviously against marijuana, yet you have no personal experience with it and do not come across as knowledgeable on the matter at all. Black markets are not the reason to legalize it, but yes, profits from marijuana will decrease if it is legalized, and that only helps shrink the black market. The production cost is very minimal, so the selling price of legal marijuana would be far less than it is in the black market today, hence people would much rather buy cheap and legal and convenient marijuana verse expensive, illegal and inconvenient marijuana.

"People who do any kind of dope seem to have poor judgment, poor spending habits, and tend to unreliable and not very dependable"

Wow, so I guess I must have poor judgment, poor spending habits, and I must be unreliable and not dependable because I enjoy marijuana on occasion? I can personally say this is not even close to being true, but hey, keep trying to spread false information because it supports your view right?

[QUOTE=makersmark;338190]Actually pot does not cause violence or crimes, and if marijuana was available as ciggerettes their would be no need to "hunt a fix"

Pot is not a gateway more than alcohol is a gateway. I'm sure more people tried alcohol before marijuana. And your experience with "prisoners" well that's not a very good indication of all pot smokers at all.

On your view of alcohol vs. pot I can agree. As for your view on prisoners I would have to disagree. My background/ lifestyle has put me in a position where I have had long open conversations with addicts both in and out of prison. The majority of the people I have spoken with all agree that pot was the starting point of their addictions. I do agree that booze can also be a gateway to the life of an addict. It is very hard to roll back the legalization of booze and it doesn't work too well as history shows but it may be wise to maintain the stigma placed on drug use. That is my opinion, take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by makersmark View Post
    OR it started because those people are mentally unfit to begin with. I love how marijuana is the cause of whatever state a person is in, yet nothing else could possibly be the reason. You are obviously against marijuana, yet you have no personal experience with it and do not come across as knowledgeable on the matter at all. Black markets are not the reason to legalize it, but yes, profits from marijuana will decrease if it is legalized, and that only helps shrink the black market. The production cost is very minimal, so the selling price of legal marijuana would be far less than it is in the black market today, hence people would much rather buy cheap and legal and convenient marijuana verse expensive, illegal and inconvenient marijuana.

"People who do any kind of dope seem to have poor judgment, poor spending habits, and tend to unreliable and not very dependable"

Wow, so I guess I must have poor judgment, poor spending habits, and I must be unreliable and not dependable because I enjoy marijuana on occasion? I can personally say this is not even close to being true, but hey, keep trying to spread false information because it supports your view right?

100% agree with you dude! i smoke and i have plenty of friends that smoke...and not one of them or i would touch speed,pcp,any type of needle drugs.. so to say pot is the reason for everyone elses major drug habbit is BS! but one thing i have to disagree on with makersmark is about people going for the cheaper stuff in stores rather then the going to get it from there main man...i would defently not buy cheaper pot...cheaper pot= no taste cheaper pot= headache hahaha if its not kush its not worth it.....

dude this is is not the site for that stuff
    not apropriate.
    and it is legal for medication.
    i have no problems with herb
    but keep that **** out of our childrens hands
    im sure the rest of us feel the same way
    i used to smoke but those days are done family first!!
    and shame on you if you have children and are useing drugs
    if not one love and stay irie!!!!!!
    just not on a fishing website lol

but ya all drugs being legal fu#k no are you crazy!!!!!
    ex drug addict so ya i know what im talking about first hand experience with harder drugs but weed not to bad i guess just as long as you think for yourself and not try to make someone elses mind up by presure some people can manage themselves and some cant if you cant dont if you can go on ahead do what you do.
    never inflence another to use drugs just because you thinks its all good

i hate these threads. they go on and on. its like "does god exist" threads...... on and on and on and on.

if your for herb, get a medical card, and smoke herb.
    if your not for it, keep your nose outta our buisness and let us be.

if you dont have a medical card and smoke weed your trippin. even if you dont want to goto the shops, the card protects you! it makes you legal! ive been busted for having over an OZ, went to court, and all charges were dropped.

dont be stupid, get a card. dont be ignorant, keep what you do to yourself. stay low-key. theres a time and place to smoke. just like drinking.

I hate weed.I hate drugs.I think its retarded to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    I hate weed.I hate drugs.I think its retarded to do it.

sounds like you need a little dank bro....

Quote Originally Posted by makersmark View Post
    Sounds like you smoked too much for your first time, a person drinking a "regular amount" of liquor for their fist time would do the same.
    It wasnt my first time with weed but then again I was never really a fan of it either. Always made me sleepy and that was it. Smoked it mainly to be manly. Dont judge me. HEHE... I did a bit of drinkin from age 21-26 in minnesota. FUN times...

My 25 birthday. What a night.... 3 Flaming Dr.Peppers later i dont remember much of anything...
    Last edited by Liteliner; 05-02-2009 at 02:06 AM.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast