Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mono vs. Fluoro vs. Fluoro Coated

just say no to this wimpy trend of spinning reels with braid
    that.....or people enjoy taking on larger fish with the lighter tackle braid affords. braid allows you to have far more line capacity, and when you hook into a large fish on light tackle, its a good thing. Mono is good and so is flourocarbon. But braid opens up a whole new world of light fishing IMO

Seaguar Invix is the S#%t ! Try it and you will never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by flopps1 View Post
    Hard to get away from the mono. But if you must, I hear good things about Yo-zuri Hybrid. It's coated as well. Best of mono and best of fluro combined. Cost is reasonable and haven't heard of any breakage. I plan to use some myself this season if the tuna's play hard ball.

Another option is to keep it mono...but get some pre-rigged fluro leaders. Owner makes em. Pick your test and you get the appropriate size hook on the lines class. Like four leaders to a pack. That may save you some from going all fluro.

Tight lines......
    i have a reel spooled with it( yo-zuri hybrid) and i have expierenced the same breakage that jaysuuun did. i rinse all my gear off and unless im fishing, its out of the sun. i like mickeysinthehouse's idea. i think ill switch my rod to that.

Thanks to everyone for all help. I think I'm going to stay away from coated/hybrid. I think I'll stick with either 100% mono or 100% fluoro. I don't believe any one line can achieve the best properties of the two. Seaguar InvizX seems to be the popular choice, so I think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again for all the advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12