Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Need a Answer asap!!

Default Need a Answer asap!!

Hey guy's im going to o-side harbor today just wanted to know what is the best kind of gulp to d-shot for hali's and spotty's.im new to the whole d-shot in the salt.

Thanks

Jerkshads.

Berkley Gulp Jerkshads... Smelt and anchovy colors....... 3 - 5 inch. They all work good. Good Luck...

i will be going for my first time too and picked up gulp pogys (smelt) and big hammers in chovys and green sardines. im hoping that does it. never drop shot so i plan on fishing them with a 1/4 oz leadhead.(all 3") sound good ? im open to all tips
    Last edited by joebass; 04-18-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebass View Post
    so i plan on fishing them with a 1/4 oz leadhead.
    Not sure what you consider a drop shot??? But on a Lead head (unless your fishing a high/low rig) thats NOT a drop shot set up.....

Google Drop Shot rig......

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Not sure what you consider a drop shot??? But on a Lead head (unless your fishing ahe tips high/low rig) thats NOT a drop shot set up.....

Google Drop Shot rig......
    what i meant is that i never tried it b4. ive been reading on this site and picking up notes and this is what i came uo with along with carilina rigging.the only thing is color but alot of people use those colors(chovy and green sardine) ill try the camo sandworms also.thanks for the reply nessie hunter. your up the hill from me.