The Vine 4/15 and 4/16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fished from the boat Wed/Thurs, trollin' worms both days.Wed air temp was in the mid 60's with a cold wind/gusty at 5-10mph.Water temp was 61ish.Found some spots by the dam and the west shore where the water temp ranged from 45 to upper 50's.I thought something was wrong with my temp gauge....but it turns out the lake was just turning over and some cold spots were present.the area by the marina stayed 61+.We got limits, nothing big..largest went 4.5lbs.On the last hookup trolling in, my 9yrs old son had a fattie on.Saw the fish break water once...figured around 7-9lbs easy.Took 75yds line and just kept pullin'.Got some line back and he spit the hook.Boy was I bummed.My son didnt really seem to care....Boy was I bummed.Today, Thurs, we started the usual trolling around the west shore...had 6 fish by 10am.Got a couple more and the bite shut down around 11.Had 8 by then....worked for the last 2 fish until 2:30.Water temp was the same except there werent that many cold spots.Air temp was 70+,wind was max 5mph.Nights got pretty cold as the boat had layer of frost on it.Was crowded today...at least for a weekday.Sorry, but no picts as usual.Next year I'll figure out the download trick and post some picts....not alot of time around here with screamin' kids and all.......fun stuff...
Good luck 2 u all this weekend.