Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: distrubing sence at legg lake today.

The DFG bless em are too over worked and understaffed. I have heard from others that you CAN call a cop and they WILL RESPOND :D and with speed!

Remember if you see this take pics if you can discretely.

You can also go back to your car, take pics of THEIR car if they are dumping fish into cooler there and over fishing the limit, or doing snagging or any of the other C*RP the idiots do.

THEN call da cops/sherrif!

From what I understand they will do something about it. I heard from a friend that they witnessed in the Sierras, a bunch of guys snagging and that the cops came along and busted all of em, fined em thousands of $, took their equipment AND deported some of the idiots who were here illegally!

More power to those catching these jerks!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    yeah guys no need to be hating on the poacher, he didn’t mean to poach he was just misunderstood. He’s just like all the other poachers who didn’t understand… they didn’t mean to destroy the bass fishery at legg over the last year. Sure take all the fish in the lake...give me f%$^ing brake.. I do understand your guys point but it does apply to the situation taking place at legg.

Here’s a scenario for you guys:

If you get pulled over for driving 100 miles per hour on the highway and you tell the cop “oh i didn’t know there was a speed limit enforced”.

Then when the cop asks for you a license and registration you say,
    “oh i didn’t know i needed a license to drive a car”!
    “registration”? "what's that"?

As your being arrested the cop likely let you know that ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. The laws are designed to protect people (fisheries).“hallelujah”

i agree people need to be educated before they hit the water but at the same time ignorance is no excuse for the law. The poachers at legg have been made well aware of the restrictions several times yet they have shown no interest obeying the laws and continue poaching. When confronted they played stupid.... They have been given too many chances already and the fishery has taken the hit as a result. I would say it’s been time to give the courts and the judicial system a chance to teach them.

Jerryg
    capitol!!!!a-******* men

You know what is dumb is they sell those nets at wal-mart. Thats probly where he got it from. I was dumbfounded when I saw them there in the fishing section. I thought to myself, ok there illegal but here walmart is trying to sell them to people who really dont know ne better. They figure oh hey I'll just buy one of these and catch fish this way.

I say we hang the kid.

Now if they made cast nets and snagging legal this would have never been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfish0084 View Post
    You know what is dumb is they sell those nets at wal-mart. Thats probly where he got it from. I was dumbfounded when I saw them there in the fishing section. I thought to myself, ok there illegal but here walmart is trying to sell them to people who really dont know ne better. They figure oh hey I'll just buy one of these and catch fish this way.
    there are many places where cast netting is legal within a few hours drive from your favorite WallyWorld. they're a store. stores like to make money. they'll sell any product that there is a demand for. the sad part is that there's quite a demand for local use apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    You don't NEED "the right gear," you just need "gear." Hell, I remember using one rod for ALL my techniques for several years when I was a teenager. I guess everybody has an excuse though.
    Same here...(even if i'm still a teenager...lol...)...I used to use a Berkely Lightning Rod and a quantum reel for everything!lol....that was 2 or 3 years ago when i was about 13....Now I spent all my damn money on my Crucial/Sol setup....and Stella/Gold Cup rod(ahhh,bps)....I'm begining to be like ghetto_dad with no Avets...

Quote Originally Posted by BassLady View Post
    Ive thought about buying pepper spray or some kind of protection because im the type of person who cant keep things to myself and I will go ballistic if I ever saw someone snagging fish. Id cut their line and push em in the water in a heart beat and I know thats not the smart thing to do but Im not the type to just walk away.

I talked to a guy today who gave me alot of good advice bout fairmount. He was telling me some spots where bass where spawning and said that he caught 2 a couple of days ago. He then told me that he snagged them, I about choked. However he assured me that he released them, they were on the beds he told me about so I believed and thats probably the only reason I didnt get cross eyed crazy on him. I told him though if you ever see me when you're snagging fish you better tell me to walk away because I will go ape ****. It really bummed me out
    snagging and releasing? those fish are more likely to die..... in the lake.
    i know what you mean though, i saw the guy catch a largemouth, when i went to see it, i noticed he had a huge bare hook on his line.......... i almost puked with disgust. here iam fishing for them with no luck, and this prick is snagging them. i wanted to tell him to get the F outta there, but instead i just warned him about it being illegal, he shouldnt do it, yada yada, when i could see he had no care whatsoever i had to just walk off and hope he gets caught..... i did try though. some people just dont give a fudge...........

maybe one day will see one again and will toss him in the water.......

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    snagging and releasing? those fish are more likely to die..... in the lake.
    i know what you mean though, i saw the guy catch a largemouth, when i went to see it, i noticed he had a huge bare hook on his line.......... i almost puked with disgust. here iam fishing for them with no luck, and this prick is snagging them. i wanted to tell him to get the F outta there, but instead i just warned him about it being illegal, he shouldnt do it, yada yada, when i could see he had no care whatsoever i had to just walk off and hope he gets caught..... i did try though. some people just dont give a fudge...........

maybe one day will see one again and will toss him in the water.......
    Hey dude just to let you know people like that will never change, but here's an idea bring some old useless gear and cast over those people and try to tangle them up. That'll tick them off LOL!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345