Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Bear Bite ?

Default Big Bear Bite ?

Any news on the holdover bite ? Should be turning on soon.

Default The bite

The bites are very lite right now if you're bait fishing, but if you are in a good area you should get plenty. My word of advice is you'll hook a much higher percentage of your bites if you hold your rod and keep it tight to your bait, and use a light single split shot and 1 foot or shorter leader. Like I said the bites are very lite (you wouldn't detect 90 percent of em if your rod is in a holder). The line barely, and I mean BARELY moves on almost all bites. Then you kinda play tug o' war with em to make em eat it. The little 1/64 and 1/32 oz trout tubes are real good right now on a drop shot if you like that type of fishing. The fish should get more aggresive as the days go by this week as the weather should be in the 60's early this week. One more thing, if you are fishing a spot where the bank drops off into at least 4 or 5 feet real quick (steep bank) of water the fishing on the trout tubes is really good tight to the bank. Good luck, Scott

Hey, Thanks for the skinny ! I'll post the results. Planning on tuesday. Going to try the area between grays and the dam.