Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/29-8/31 Memorable Lake Mary, Convict, Gull, Rock Creek-windssssssss

Glad you had a safe trip, between the wind and holiday crowds the 395 can be a white knuckler for sure! Sounds like you had a great trip, thanks for the report and all the cool pics....missed ya at Legends. See you at the Vine...

TD

Kewly,

I love it man, white knuckle leadcorein on the troll! Reminds me of the good ole days on the rental at the Jewel. Fish on!
    Awesome report and pics! I'm glad you had a good time Buddy.

Hey Kewl_One, nice job in the "W" conditions.

I meant to post earlier, but I think I closed the browser accidentally?

O_L

winds are awful at Convict sometimes.. you're only defense is the back of the lake up against the trees .. or to fish early early when the sun's just barely coming up. I usually move on though if it's windy at convict.. Head further north to Bridgeport or even just to the creeks around gull and grant. Good report, sucks about the wind,.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Glad you had a safe trip, between the wind and holiday crowds the 395 can be a white knuckler for sure! Sounds like you had a great trip, thanks for the report and all the cool pics....missed ya at Legends. See you at the Vine...

TD
    hey TD- surprisingly the crowds weren't that bad at all...eventhough they had the troutstock contest going on at all the lakes, most of the fisherpeople where on shore- The wind was a PITA- yup see ya soon!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Kewly,

I love it man, white knuckle leadcorein on the troll! Reminds me of the good ole days on the rental at the Jewel. Fish on!
    Awesome report and pics! I'm glad you had a good time Buddy.
    hey Terry... whiteknuckle leadcorein was more enticing than the drive through the strong winds on the 395 lolzz..ahh the jewel...great comparison buddy!! lolzz i wonder if there are any fat cats in the sierras for you legends lolz...i wanna make a couple more trips b4 seasons end...hey, i was talkin to TO, trolly and FA..... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Hey Kewl_One, nice job in the "W" conditions.

I meant to post earlier, but I think I closed the browser accidentally?

O_L
    1leg
    The W is the time to fish sometimes...the biguns like to come out to play-

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish2 View Post
    winds are awful at Convict sometimes.. you're only defense is the back of the lake up against the trees .. or to fish early early when the sun's just barely coming up. I usually move on though if it's windy at convict.. Head further north to Bridgeport or even just to the creeks around gull and grant. Good report, sucks about the wind,.
    winds, ya just gotta learn to deal with it, or move on, but yeah it can be a headache if your not ready. Yeah gull was very nice, but my gf was feeling ill after the drive i did on the way up there....knda like taking turns lolz ahh yes bridgeport...had many triple hookups there...

Kewly,

Hopefully you took all the wind home with you as I'm heading up there tomorrow night for 4 days.

Convict is the only lake up there that I have ever been spooled at. Lots of big fish there and it is really deep. We metered it at around 175 ft back by the rock slide area a few years back.

Glad you and your buddies/ladies had a good trip. Hopefully I'll have something worth reporting next week.

BigCountry-

You might be lucky, i've read other reports saying that they also ran into the nasty W we had...so looks like you'll be in the clear!..so to speak-

I've been talkin with Uncle B about the situation that resulted...had 2 leadcores out, one on each side,with this flatline in the middle...friends, and more were saying we got snagged, but impossible with leadcore on both sides, and being in the middle of the lake- I too have never been spooled until this past weekend (fresh or salt), I'm re-hooked AGAIN.

shoot me a pm, maybe i can help you get my lure/line back! haha

GL out there, can't wait to make it out there REEL soon to get my gear back- hah

Default saw me

Yes that was me getti8ng gas coming home frome irvine lake.I almost ran out,I drove 50 miles with the light on for low fuel.Great report and pictures.Sea you in the water.

Beautiful pics thanks, I feel like i was there with you. You help with my Sierra's fix for the day. Nice fish. looks like you guys had a blast. The wind does get crazy up there. can't wait to get back up there. Again thanks for the post.

FISH ON!!!

I'm late on this one but great looking trip there Kewly. Brings back a lot of good memories years ago of a similar trip that I went on. Very cool bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12