Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Landings And Bogus Fish Counts????????????

Hey, I know this one is an honest error. But it was kinda funny so:

http://www.sportfishingreport.com/pages ... ding_id=16

YELLOWFIN TUNA?!?!?!

I think whoever is reading the emails or listening to the voicemail needs to get some Red Bull!!! It supposed to be YELLOW TAIL!!

i just saw this report for laharbor sportfishing on their 3/4 day sport king. seems a little "inflated" to me on the wsb and halibut. this is for 34 anglers

Sport King 3/4 Day 34 anglers 14 Yellowfin Croaker, 12 Calico Bass, 88 White Seabass, 126 Halibut, 126 Sargo, 41 Opaleye, 24 California Sheephead, 105 Halfmoon

Quote Originally Posted by victor101
    i just saw this report for laharbor sportfishing on their 3/4 day sport king. seems a little "inflated" to me on the wsb and halibut. this is for 34 anglers

Sport King 3/4 Day 34 anglers 14 Yellowfin Croaker, 12 Calico Bass, 88 White Seabass, 126 Halibut, 126 Sargo, 41 Opaleye, 24 California Sheephead, 105 Halfmoon
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

maybe we should have a cattle boat rating system on this board, that way the cattle boats cant take advantage of us sport angler and rip us off all the time. and by doing that the cattle boat captains will treat us with more respect.

We should. They need us just as much as we need them........ Im going out on the liberty tonight.. Will post...

Quote Originally Posted by victor101

Yeah sorry Ive never been on a boat where 536 fish were caught. Possible yeah, but Ive never seen it.

Did you check out the counts the next day or the following day after next?????

The reason is because the twilight don't get the count in until the following day. For instance if you're twilight fishing on Sunday, the count wont get in til Tuesday(on-line counts). Since the count's already been put up for the day, when you check out the counts the next day it wont show up for the twilights count.

Yes, I'm pretty sure some landing boost thier count. Also the counts are never exact. It's base on an estimated count from deckies and captn. The deckies and captn will not go through every sack for an exact count.

Hi fish4keep,

Actually, Skippers are responsible for reporting in a fish take log for every trip they do! Deck hands usually do a sack count and convey this count to the skipper. The DFG has forms, given to the operator, and the skipper .......... .... then dutifully fills them out on the way back in to the dock or whatever their routine. Also seen these official forms and reports at landing offices too!

It might be interesting to see if some have different figures between these official forms and the dock totals.

JapanRon

Well maybe they had some old asians with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123