Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dana Point 3-8-08

Default Dana Point 3-8-08

After grabbing some lug worms and squid at Hogan's, kalidawg and myself headed down to Dana Point jetty for an afternoon of fishing.

I was the only one to hook up for the 5 or so hours that we were there with a pile perch. The sets were coming in hard and and I lost a lot of setups in the kelp.

I did however hook in to something big on the harbor side but it managed to come loose after about 30 seconds of giving me a run for my money. It was a hell of a lot of fun though. I haven't had a fish give me a heart pounding like that in a while.

When leaving, my brother wanted to get the skunk off his back so he suggested we go to Corona lake for the night session. Nothing special there last night other than catching 4 trout in the first half hour then nothing for the rest of the night.

Thanks for the report. How big was that perch? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture.

Tammy,

It was nothing special, about 10 inches or so. We've caught bigger before.

Nice Perchie! :D