Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with braided line

Default Re: Help with braided line

Quote Originally Posted by PUDD MASTER BAITER
    I TRIED EVERY KIND OF BRAID, AND FOUND THE FIRELINE CRYSTAL TO HAVE THE BEST COATING .NOTHING BEATS THE FEEL OF BRAID. ITS ON MY DROP SHOT SPINNING USING 8LB ,DIA.OF 2LB. ALSO ON MY BAY SPINNING 12LB, 4LB DIA. SPINNING, AND ALL MY BAITCASTERS 20LB DIA OF 8LB. EXCEPT MY CRANKING OUT FIT. THE OTHER BRAIDS SUCKED UNTIL I TRIED THE CRYSTAL FIRE LINE.IF YOUR USING A LESS EXSPENSIVE SPINNING REEL OR ROD THE BRAID WILL JACK IT UP QUICK.. GOOD LUCK . MIKE THE PMB...

Yep ... PMB got me on fireline last year

You cant beat it , casts smooth and far , no line twist and you feel every bite .

My catch rate went up by x4 ... id never fish mono again !

MY REELS ARE ALL SHIMANO 1500,2500 SEDONAS AND A 750. THERE LIKE $ 49.00. IVE NEVER HAD ,A PROBLEM WITH THOSE REELS, USING BRAID. WHEN I FIRST GOT BACK, INTO FISHING 3 YRS AGO ,AFTER A 15YR LAYOFF ,I FIRST BOUGHT THE WALMART CHEAPER SPINNING REELS($29.00) AND RUINED THEM USING BRAID. BEFORE I GOT SMART, AND WENT TO SHIMANO. I DONT BELIEVE IN SPENDING ALOT OF MONEY ON SPINNING REELS. BAITCASTERS ARE A DEFFERENT STORY. JUST REMEMBER TO USE THE STONGEST AND SMALLEST BARREL SWIVLES, TO PREVENT LINE TWISTING, AND TIE ON YOUR FLORO LEADER. I HAVE MY LEADER AT LEAST 24" FROM THE SWIVLE BEFORE TYING ANY RIG ON.. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK, MIKE THE TIGHT WAD PMB !!

For those of you using braid on spinning gear... are you also using a fluoro leader? I'm thinking of switching to braid for my surf outfit if it will increase the sensitivity. Anbody else use this set-up for the surf (carolina)? If so do you have a problem with tangles?

Thanks guys- Great Thread!

Mike

Braid is probably one of the best fishing lines available when considering the strength to size ratio of the spectra fibers, not to mention braid's incredible abrasion resistance. Like many have already said, braid is not your typical monofilament. Braid exhibits no strech at all which is why it really shouldn't be used on spinning tackle. Also, remember, braid exerts a tremendous amount of pressure on your reel's gears and internals, which is why it is best suited for baitcasters.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDimasLMB
    Also, remember, braid exhibits a tremendous amount of pressure on your reel's gears and internals, which is why it is best suited for baitcasters.
    Did you mean to say "exerts" in place of exhibits?

O_L

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDimasLMB
    Also, remember, braid exhibits a tremendous amount of pressure on your reel's gears and internals, which is why it is best suited for baitcasters.
    Did you mean to say "exerts" in place of exhibits?

O_L
    I was actually gonna put "seems to exhibit" but exerts works better! Thanks for the grammar help Alan :oops:

I AGREE SAN DIMAS. THAT IS WHY, I BUY THE CHEAPER ,SHIMANO LINE .I CAN JUST ,THROW THEM AWAY, WHEN THEY WEAR OUT. SAN DIMAS IF YOU STILLL HAVE THAT SEDONA 4000 IM INTERESTED. I NEED TO GET RID OF MY 2500, WITH THE 8.5 IM-7 IM GETTING INTO THE BACKING USING 12LB RATED 4 LB. DIA. WITH ONLY 1/2 OZ. SHOOT ME A PM, AND I CAN PICK IT UP NEXT TIME I FISH THE BAY. THANKS MIKE THE SKUNKED PMB.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123