Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: waders selection

Default waders selection

Hello all,
    Well it's cold enough to use a pair of waders while tubing/pontooning.
    Any suggestions on what brands, and what material is best.
    Will be used mostly in so. cal fresh water with a little time in the bishop area next season.
    I am 5'10" and wiegh 240, with a 30" inseam.
    Thanks for you input.
    DJ

Default Re: waders selection

I'm about a 31" inseam and I have Hodgman XL Wadelite waders. I think that they make a XL short too.

I've also seen these Caddis neoprene xl short stout waders on EBay. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=003

Good Luck!

Hey fishrebel, I fish the San Juan River for 5-7 days every year and i use Waterproof Gore-Tex waders, got a good deal on them and some boots, i wear a thermal under and fish all day up to my waist.

have a look

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search ... tions=True

Z

FISH ON !

well for tubing the booties build in make sure its water proof so the water doesn't go into your legs and such
    they carry hogemans full neoprene waders for about 70 bucks at sport chalets.

i got a pair
    their comfortable
    keep me dry and are good in these cold months

I've got a new pair of Hodgeman Lakestream neoprene waders. Size XL stout, stocking foot, 4 mm thickness, has built in wading belt and gravel guards. I'd like $50 for them.

If you can afford them, go with Breathables. I used to swear by the Neoprenes, until last year I broke down and bought a nice pair of Breathables.

I fish local lakes in the summer or winter with them and i'm fine as far as temp goes. Then early in the season in the sierras I use them and i'm fine too. We fished twin lakes 2 years ago while the lake was still halfway covered with Ice, and I was warm as could be with the breathables, while the guys with he neoprenes were sweating their butts off and it made them colder.

All I do is wear either some fleece pants under the breathables, or some under armor pants along with some nice wool socks and i'm very warm in the colder water.

I agree go with a Breathable wader if you can find them cheap, just layer underneath for cold water

Stocking foot breathables ALL THE WAY.... :banana: :banana: