Quote Originally Posted by LocalParksGuy View Post
Wanted to add on to this since it has been on going.

I been wanting to check this lake out again since I last went in Feb. Took my buddy out for the first time to Puddingstone this past Saturday (06/19/2021, 7ish AM). Instead of starting near sailboat cove, I decided for the both of us to try the East Shore at the closed down pier furthest east. We fished that area for a good hour and decided to move more towards the right (facing the shore). We ended up at a point on the east shore between the broken pier and the rv camp. We didn't really see anybody catching and the bass boats weren't getting any action too. I was throwing a spinnerbait for awhile, chatterbait, texas rigged senko, and drop shot fluke. My buddy was throwing a handful of things too.

My friend finally decides to throw a new bait he bought called Chasebaits Flacid Shad. We both thought it was an odd but interesting looking bait that he saw advertised on social media. Its action is a swimbait fish swimming on its side. We were joking about quitting bass fishing if he caught anything on it. After his 4th or 5th cast into the lake he hooks a nice bass that started to fight. He reeled it in and we both weighed it at 2.8 lbs. We let it go and fished the area for another 20 minutes before the jet skiers started coming onto the lake and making huge wakes. We finally move to the final pier on the left that was still open. We fished it for a good 20 minutes until we decided we were hungry and it was getting hot by then (11 AM).

He ended up with 1 bass and I ended up skunking but I was glad he was able to get a bass first time at the lake. Funny thing was he used to go to college down the street at Poly Pomona but never fished at all at the lake until now.
Sounds like you were headed north, towards the boating area (right while facing shore would be south). There's a lot of tall grass that you have to walk through if you want to get to the water there, but there is a huge rocky drop off there. That's where I caught my PB: a whopping bass, likely 9+ pounds, on a drop shot with a cut down margarita mutilator 4.5 inch worm. I've never gone back there because there's honestly so much grass that while walking through it I knew it was a bad idea and I was just begging for a rattlesnake to get me, especially in the summer.