Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1/28/19 rented boat at castaic upper.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1/28/19 rented boat at castaic upper.

I tried some float and fly.. dropshot.. then switched to decent sized jerkbait and then a real nightcrawler on a small hook. with a tiny #7 split shot about 4-5 foot up the line just to help cast it a little farther and help it sink a little faster. so just jerkbait around the area and randomly tossed the nightcrawler in different spots around me and got couple dink largemouth a dink smallmouth and a ok smallmouth. I actually seen the bigger smallie take the nightcrawler on way down.. I grabbed rod.. then nothing like he just had the worm only in mouth but he came back for it and took out the line again and bam got em. I got two pole license to do this trick when im by myself.. I think it works good. throw any type of search bait and then have a slow finesse type around the area you are also working the search bait through.. the fish too scared to go and chase or lazy ect will more then likely hit the slower less intimidating presentation.. sorry not best angle for recording.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 01-30-2019 at 08:38 PM.