i am listening to the podcast of rogan and degrasse on whether the moon landing was real back in '69.

at issue, did the landing actually happen and do some of the pics on the moon prove or disprove that the event happened.

the fact was brought up that all pics from the moon landing show no stars or very minimal stars in the sky (the background is dark and maybe there shows a few specks of light?).

degrasse states people don't know photography 101 and when you take a picture of a bright object, the lesser illuminated objects in the pic gets blown out? that the surrounding reflective light, specifically everything of lesser illumination with not show up in the photo so well.

i of course agree.

my question is...

oh but first...

a fact about me, when i am outside at night, i almost always look to the sky to see the stars... I peek up to see if and how much of the night sky will give up that incredible showing of stars. really... who among us (fishermen and fisherwomen) don't do that? not many i would think...

now the question...

if most people who fish do this (gaze into the night sky for the show)... why wouldn't an astronaut who is probably obsessed with the stars not look up in awe and gaze into the star show from the moon? i mean, there's no atmosphere to mess with and the show would be spectacular, would it not?

who wouldn't try to snap a picture of that night sky from the moon? i guess neil armstrong... no?

maybe they only had one of these when apollo 11 took off? u know, weight requirements and all?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85188.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	49075

i could also be wrong about all of this. maybe cameras back then couldn't take such a detailed picture?

that shot wouldn't have worked no matter what?

i have taken a lot of pictures but, i've never taken a shot (picture) of anything from the moon. and could it be the stars wouldn't have shown up anyway...?

maybe armstrong did try and they just didn't turn out?

i really don't know...

(but i would have tried and i'd still have those pics whether it worked or not. (i have a lot of chitty bang bang 4x5's stowed away in my photo box somewhere, guess that dates my as's ).