Skeeters? What is this? Jet skis? I would like to get one or more of those Flatheads, I have read that they will only eat live bluegill or redear. I think that I should be able to get some of the pan fish with 4 lb test and a bobber with night crawlers, I can then set these out with my larger level wind rod. I would assume that a 6oz egg sinker set up as a Carolina rig style, with 20 - 40 lb test. The other thought is would I be effective if I set one rod up for the flathead live bait and the 2nd rod with 15 pound test and chicken liver for the channel cats? Or do they not hunt in the same area? My desire id to get into some back water where the current is slow, drop anchor and peacefully fish through out the night. What do you suppose my chances would be? Years ago I would fish till 2 AM on the shores of pay lakes for the cats - (farm raised then planted channel cats). Now that I have a boat I no longer have any interest in fishing the shores. That in addition to the fact that I no longer have the privilege of drinking alcohol, shore fishing can become boring on the shore. On a boat it seems to be different. The So Cal lakes do not allow boats on the water after dusk, so that is why I am willing to make the 5 + hour drive to the river. At least I can stay out as long as I want, then come in to sleep during the down period!