Another two great days batting. Last night Rick an I had a 2.5 hour sunset session and landed a total of 5 between 44-50" I broke in my new Okuma Longitude 12' and Penn Spinfisher 8500 loaded with 65lb braid. I plan to eventually fish with 80lb shock leader and 170lb sevalon coated wire on a 3 way swivel rig. The set up is a bit heavy but its not a problem if you take a sit every now and then. The Longitude is a weighs a bit more than my prevail but can cast much better than my 12' penn prevail.

Today i went out with Supra97Turbo and his Friend Art for a mid day session and conditions were great. White caps for about 2 hours but it was no issue with the 5 and 6 oz pyramids we were chucking. We were fishing an outgoing/incoming low tide from .5-2'most of the day. With our rod holders further up the beach the grass in the skinny became somewhat of an issue. . Hook ups first cast and a steady bite all day. We landed i believe 10, I had the hot spot and landed 6 with 3 in the mid 40"s, 2 50"s and a 53". Two hooks pulled with one being a nice bat that popped in the skinny, I'm sure it had something to do with all the seaweed on it. One Huge one that took a lot of line started rubbing against some outer reef and i started to get that awful vibrating feeling. Popped 15 seconds later.

50"

Supra landed his PB, 1/4" under 50" Congrats!! His friend Art also landed one around the same size!

As i was battling my 53" my second rod goes off and I told Supra to grab it and fight the fish. Our lines started going in the same direction and we worked it out. I saw the my spool on Supra's fish and fought my fish towards him to investigate. 30 seconds later i get there and we see the metal from the end of the spool. I Cranked down the drag and it kept pulling. We both started thumbing the spool as a few yards were left and it popped. It was another monster! The reel only had about 230 yards of line due to me losing about 40 yds on a reef ripper the other day & Cheap braid( Kast king) Which is much larger diameter than Power Pro. Not sure how i landed the 55.5" a few days ago on that reel.

Here is my 53"

Hope I get into some sharks soon! Gotta start soaking that Mac more. I'd like to pull on some Leo's. soupie or 7 gill would be a major plus! That grinner on the spinner is coming guys!
:wink:

Thanks for reading everyone :D