Got an invite to fish Silverwood with MO last night so I got my top water gear out of my boat to slay um. Later got a call from Mo that he had a flat tire and was going to have to cancel as getting it fixed we would miss the morning topwater bite. Then miracles happened and MO called around 7:50am this morning and said he was on the road and do you still want to fish? U bet was the answer and MO picked me and my gear up at the Redneck Riviera and up the hill we went. Well we hit the water shortly before 10:00am and were certain the top water bite was over.
Taking Cutbaits advice on the last slay he had on top water with frogs I brought frogs and spooks. MO said no to the frog idea and to use U rigs. Well being innovative (UGC guy) I loaded the U rig with frogs and the slay began. First one then a double and MO was stunned. It was only when a triple was boated that MO asked if I had any extra frogs so he could get on um.
I'll let MO post pics of the slayin' and attest to the new top water method. Thanks to Cutbait for the intel.