I felt like fishing today but didn't feel like standing next to a bunch of other folks trying to catch fish that've been caught ten times before. Haven't hit up the concrete river in a while so off I went. Usually I catch a bunch of tilapia, and I rarely see other people there save for the odd hobo or dead body.

First spot I bring in two tilapia. Next spot I hook into something that feels different. Still small but lo and behold it's a damn green sunfish. Now at this point I see a small school of what I assume are mosquito fish. Only they are too big and don't look quite right. So I sneak up on em and see that they have black stripes.

Hmmm. Bass in the LA river? Nah. Maybe they're some mutated minnow or something.

Next spot is nice and deep. I can see some tilapia, couple sunfish, carp. As I walked the bank I spooked some bigger fish. I caught some sunfish and another tilapia, when I saw the school of bigger fish again. I cast right past it and saw them rush to inspect my lure.

Wham. Fish started running with my lure. Reeled it in and here's what I caught-

I was stunned. Kept targeting that group of fish caught 4 more.

So there are largemouth bass in the LA river. I got a closer look at the massive school of fry back at the first spot. Yup, baby bass. I had always hoped to someday pull a bass out that glorified ditch, now I can die happy.