This is my first posting of the season on big bear lk. as I got tired of no one else posting on whats up . THIS IS THE BEST FISHING IN LIKE 3 YEARS up there . Yesterday was wide open on either drifting or trolling nite crawlers at the surface to 3 colors down using a 3 or 4 blade setup . The last 3 trips up there the fish were inbetween the old grays landing and the west dam area , favoring the north shore . The fish are there as you will only get a fish on every other pass but alot of people will catch a fish and just keep on going in a straight line out of the area. IF YOU GET A FISH , MAKE A WIDE LOOP AND RUN THE SAME ROUTE INTO OR WITH THE WIND again. Memorial day crowd is gone and theres been 2 tournmants with alot of big fish planted . Yesterday I hooked up and battled a biiggg fish for 3-5 minutes before my knot broke , BASTARD , ha. Dont go to deep as the oxg. is not there to suporrt life . Getting a limit in like 2 1/2 hours of trolling , its been this way since early april .// db