Great Info! I just found this post . I fish fresh water only except for occasional Tuna and Salmon trips . I have been
wanting to get into surf fishing especially for Hallies . When I was a teenager I fished the surf but it was always with
bait . You broke down this kind of fishing very well for me I really like the simplicity of your style of fishing. Equipment
and lure choices are pretty easy to come up with for a very small investment . You also gave some great info on
optimal times to target those flatties and some good ideas on where .

Also your advise on a sharp knife for the waders is spot on . I almost drowned myself in a river because of water filled waders and a sharp knife definitely saved my butt. I can only imagine the horror of being tumbled in the surfs washing machine wearing waders. Oh hell nooooooooooooooo ! I will endure the "looks" in one of my surfing skins .
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction .

Do you SWAT guys ever get together down south at all . I live in Murrietta So I will be spending most of my time fishing from Ocean Side down to San Diego. I would love to get some first hand pointers and techniques from U more experienced
Surf Fishing PEEPS !

Once again Great write up ! P.M. if there are any get togethers in the surf down my way!