Legg is closer to home, and with my Pudd parking pass expired, I have been there three times lately. I have a secret-not-so-secret shady spot under a huge sycamore where I can enjoy what cool breezes there are in this weather and take my chances. Caught nothing on the rod and reel tough I've tried maggots, corn, and tortillas where I know there are carp because I have seen them jumping. But I caught a catfish on my 10' pole and ultra-light gear, which I already reported. Anyway, Thursday, around 7:00 pm, I took in the two rods with corn and decided to give the pole a few tries before going home. Tossed it in about 10 feet from the bank with about a size 10 or so hook and a few maggots, and right away I had something on, and it wasn't one of those shrimpy little bluegills. Nice fight, but strange colors. Not a catfish, but not the right color for a carp or even a koi either. Hmmmm. Kept it going a while. Fishing with a pole and four pound line, and no drag, I tend to be a little cautious so I let the fish fight the pole a while til it was pretty tired before I worked it into shore. No net and barbless hooks, so I had to be careful. Lo and behold, a pink carp. No kidding, it was pink. It only weighed a few pounds I'm sure, but it was definitely pink with yellow eyes.
It's a lot of fun catching fish on a pole.

One down side of Legg, and I guess all the lakes around here, though, is that they are swarming with turtles. I caught one Thursday, and Friday a young Vietnamese guy told me he had caught six the day before. You know they're taking your bait when you see your float walking away and slowly sinking below the surface. Grrrrrrrrr. Always the red-ear sliders, former pets dropped off for all of us to enjoy, I guess.

Here is the picture I took. It was late, and the color doesn't show very well, but it was definitely pink.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03987.jpg 
Views:	1469 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	36867