Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: S.W.A.T. South O.C. Part 2... Who You Gonna Call?? GHOST BUTTSTERS!!! LOL!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Testing 7/1/11

TESTING..TESTING..1,2.. 7/1/11

Snuck out for a solo mission on Friday to test out some new gear and SWAT apparel. Sometime last week, I walked into Turner's and picked up a new Skeete Reese Tessera casting rod. I was actually looking for a discounted Crucial or Clarus, but I guess all the Shimano rods are red hot right now and couldn't find one with the right specs.

Turner's also had the Skeete rods on sale. It had all the specs I was looking for and the obnoxious yellow coloring was an added bonus. I paired it up with a Daiwa Coastal I picked up from ebay, which I rebuilt with some new carbontex drag washers.

Well after 4 hours of fishing and getting rolled TWICE , I caught some fish on my new rod and the reel performed flawlessly after being dunked a few times. The only test that remains for my new gear is catching a legal flattie.

The only thing that failed today was my waders. I was pulling in a sandie to shore when I slipped on a mossy rock and bashed my knee on a boulder. When I waded back out to fish, I felt the cold water rushing into a hole where I just bashed my knee. Not fun at all.

Here's a few pics.

My very first surf calico. Also caught a queen fish before this. (Not Pictured)

Thought this fish was a monster calico, but all he did was turd roll himself into some rocks.

The biggest shortie today. 20 inches

My new surf setup.

Tight Lines
    Jason
    Last edited by Jaysuuun; 07-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.