Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: S.W.A.T. South O.C. Part 2... Who You Gonna Call?? GHOST BUTTSTERS!!! LOL!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default S.W.A.T. South O.C. Part 2... Who You Gonna Call?? GHOST BUTTSTERS!!! LOL!

After receiving intel about the Commander's south O.C. slay, Jason and I knew we had to put the information to good use. After a multitude of texts that night, we all finally convinced Wingnut to join us for an encore session.

Got to the spot around 0515 to find Wingnut and Murrieta Angler (Robert) already fishing in the dark. As we were suiting up, Justin arrived on the scene, geared up, and was walking to the sand while I was still lacing up my boots. I think, "Darnit, they're all getting a head start!"

Conditions were similar to yesterday's although the surf was a bit rougher, water a little murkier, but with a lot less salad.

When we finally hit the sand, we find that Justin was already bringing something in. It looked like a big one even in the dark...

Damn, a Flat Fish of the WRONG kind, again!

Oops, sorry, looks like Wingnut cut off your head Justin.

I took a quick peek at what he caught then went straight into the water.

First cast... bendo!

I knew I had a fish on cauz I felt it wiggling and jiggling but then it suddenly stopped. Line was still tight though...? Robert tells me it probably wedged itself in some rocks and gave me some pointers in how to work him out (thanks Robert!). Moments later I'm reeling him in.

Jason with the assist

First Turd Roller from the surf!

Got slapped in the face by a couple waves but it was worth it.

This Perch was the next fish caught... then Jason came up with one a short while after.

It seemed like almost an hour where none of us even got a bite. Where were the rest of the fish?? And what happened to alllll the flatties from yesterday?

Finally, Jason hooks up with the first Flattie of the morning.

I got another dink Perch and Jason came up with an almost Legal.

Darn close!

I manage another Sandie but am starting to worry Jason's gonna beat me today.

But then... we both get shut down. Our Commander shows who reigns SUPREME.

THREE CASTS, THREE FISH!!!

He was using the larger 130 LC today... Robert said, "Go Big or Go Home!" He did NOT go home.

CAST #1

It's ok, at least you got the skunk off.

CAST #2

LOL. Nice bendo!

22 1/2" Legal!

CAST #3

You KNOW that's a good fish... look at that bendo!

There it is...

30" LEGAL!!!! Way to go!!!

Arthur owed Robert a 24" Hali... he paid him back "with interest."

The bite was definitely heating up! After a slow morning, everyone was getting bites and hooking up.

Justin with a Sandie.

Robert goes bendo... looks like he hooked a Butt... wait a second, that's Jason's butt!

Just kidding. A 23 incher! Legal, baby!!

First bite, first fish, Legal Hali. Nice job Robert!

A little side story...
    Right after Arthur's legal onslaught, I think he feels bad for me because I hadn't hooked up in a while and hadn't hooked into any flatties. So he comes over while I'm fishing and places his hand on my rod. I said, "What was that for?" He said, "You'll see." Hmmm.....

So back to fishing.

Jason hooks into another Short Hali.

Right when I was thinking Jason's got me beat, my lure gets SLAMMED and my rod doubles over.

Drag's burning, fish is taking me to the right. I know it's a good one.

Arthur and I thought it was a Legal Butt, Jason thought Bass, Robert thought Croaker... the suspense was killing us all.

One last push from the wave and I get it up onto the sand.

PB White Seabass and first from the surf!

Takes a lickin' but keeps on catchin'.

Robert and Arthur both had the feeling that someone was going to catch a ghost today. When Arthur touched my rod before... he must've let me borrow some of his good karma... his fishing mojo. Thanks buddy, I needed it.

A couple more hookups to end the day.

Arthur tells Justin to stop making pancakes.

If you're wondering why there's an LC in Arthur's mouth, here's the story:
    Shortly after his 3 casts, 3 fish, he loses his 130 metallic ayu flash minnow to some structure. He was disappointed but quickly shrugged it off with an "Oh well, it happens," and kept right on fishing.
    Hours later, while we were working our way back, Jason sees something shiny in the sand. He walks over for a closer look and low and behold, it's a 130 metallic ayu flash minnow!

Wingnut giving thanks to Poseidon's Boss.

Damn Paparazzi!

The boys.

The body count. K.I.A.'s ready for the body bags.

The walk of "Victory"

My, what big teeth you have!

"Hi, kids. My name is Mr. Butterfingers."

"This fish may look dead, but believe it or not, it magically flapped its way out of my hands and I nearly lost the darned thing right over there! Stupid fish!! "

Good fishing, good laughs, good friends, good times. Couldn't ask for a better day.

Til next time!
    Last edited by Tesserz; 06-23-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot something