Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lagoon hawg, more pics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lagoon hawg, more pics

to respond to your question, yes it is a pic of a pic. For some reason my mom's camera( the camera I used when I went fishng, cause I couldn't find mine) wouldn't let me upload the pictuers. And the rig was a texas rig. Not a wacky rig. I don't know if you have ever caught a fish but the fish tore into the worm when I set the hook which happens all the time when you catch a fish. The bullet weight was no in the picture. I am sorry the post was kind of short, I was in a rush so I will give you guys some more details right now. Like I said before I used a texas rigged senko I think the color was indigo( It was a reddish brown) with red flake. 8 pound florocarbon line 6 1/2 bionic blade bass pro shops pole. Bass pro shops tournament special baitcast reel. 10 bearing. I ******* love that reel, I got it on clearance for $50 bucks. You cant beat that , a 10 bearing reel for $50 bones. Anyway I got a great cast out and on the third pop of the rod tip it bendo. I knew it was big because of the way the fish was bending my pole. It was easily the best fight of my fishing career. I was very scared because I caughtr it right by the lifeguard dock, and there are two brown wooden pulls sticking up ot of the water. And I was fising just to the right of the last of the two poles. And the fish was headed inbetween the two pulls so I thought I wasn't going to be able to land the fish, but I was lucky and got it from around the pole. I would get the fish semi close to the shore and then it would start peeling line over and over. It felt like I fought this beast for like 20 min, but it was probably 3 to 5 monutes, which is still a hell of a long fight. During the fight she didn't jump but she made a big splash at the surface. That was when I knew I had a hog because I saw her mouth. Well i almost ended up breaking an ankle because she had me running back and forth on the rocks. By the way why in the hell did they put all those rocks from the lifeguard dock all the way down to the fishing peir? I landed the beast and was so ******* excited I was just yelling and people who were launching their boats were looking at me like I was crazy until they saw the beast that I was holding. She was so heavy that I ended up switching hands while I was taking pictuers, and because her teeth cut thwe **** out of my thumb. After I released her I just sat down and smoked like 3 cigs in a row to calm my nerves. With that fish I was able to write off one of my goals in life which was to catch a 10lb bass. Now I am shooting for a 15 pounder. The 10 pounder took me 6 years of pretty solid fishing to complete that goal. If you put in the time and effort good things come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0450..jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	21117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0452..jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	21118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0439..jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	21120