New to this site. FYI, alot of bass out at the wedge - harbor side. Just the other day alone in the morning from 0600-0900, I'm serious too, caught a total of 9 fish and lost 1 huge halibut (at least 22in). I brought it up to the rocks and fish got unhooked. This was a solo trip too! Ended up 6 bass that morning. Even caught a kelp bass and sand bass less than 5 ft from where i was standing.

1 - halibut, 7in (released)
1 - sand bass (kept - 12in)
2 - spotted bass (both under & released)
5 - calico bass, (2 under released)(kept 3 at 12.5in)

Later in the evening with 2 of my buddies from 1900-2130 caught over 20+ bass, 1 sculpin. No joke either.

Literally toss back 6 bass and a mean looking sculpin.

Kept 18 bass for our family and relatives. Same place out at the wedge. If you were there that evening you probably saw us reel 'em in one after another. Probably hit a school because majority of the fish were all the same size 11.5 to 12.5in. Most were kelp bass, a couple of sand and spotted bay.

Will be out there this morning if I can wake up. Looking to catch that halibut I loss. Holler if you see me.. I'm the dude fishing in the Cortez.

Setup: 12lb p-line, 1 ounce egg sinker, bead, swivel, 5in lead with #1 hayabusa octopus or circle hk.

Bait: Nasty *** oily anchovy you get at 7-11 on the way there.

Cast n feel the weight hit the ground, keep a tight line, feel the bite, wait... slowly reel to make it nail the bait... game over... now just reel that sucker in. Been like this all week long.