Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: WANTED 14' to 16' Boat

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    100hp outboard will not pull up a skier with 4 passangers in the boat and a skier on the backside. New outboards are rated at the prop so that means 100hp at the prop output. Outboards of that age in the add above (also the outboard that was on the green machine I had) were rated at the power head. So, 100hp back in the day was less than 100hp of today. I would say probably 10hp - from the rating. That is a great boat Geo, but for someone looking for a boat to pull a skier with 4 passengers in the boat, that wont getter done im afraid. but thats just my 2c worth! :)
    I disagree. We ran a 17'4" Larson with a Volvo 145HP I/O for years back in the 80s. That boat could pull up a skier while carrying 7 passengers, an ice chest, a portable tarp, and a full tank of gas. And it was a 4-banger.

I've personally seen a 15 ft. boat with a 50HP outboard pull a skier while carrying a driver, an observer, an ice chest and some fishing gear. And it was a 4-stroke. Older 2-strokes will have a stronger hole-shot than 4-strokes of comparable HP.

It's quite possible that boat could carry 2 adults and 2 kids and still pull a skier. And you need even less power to get someone up on a wakeboard or skurf board since the surface area is so much greater than a water ski.

If you're serious, and the seller is serious, I'd recommend you put on the trunks and head out to the lake and see.
    Last edited by Kevman; 09-18-2009 at 08:40 PM.