Glad i helped out.

I'm a freaking knot junky.

A few years ago we got into saltwater jigging off paddys and for rockfish. Try tying 65lb braid to 50/60lb fluorocarbon and every knot has it's own problems. The uni2uni was never strong enough and getting more than 4 turns seated correctly always gave me issues. Bimini-albright takes too much work and ALWAYS caught the guides when you casted. Which resulted in birdnest and/or lost jig. Seaguar knot was too bulky and didn't tie well with different line diameters. A PR knot took as long as the bimini-albright, but didn't have any of the problems associated with it. The problem is you need a tool to tie it and my bow string serving tool always gave me inconsistent pressure.

That's when i said F it and went to hollow spectra. I'm still trying to dial it in. I like the loop to loop splices and your ability to change it on the fly, but you really need to be careful when looping your cats pawl. So now i'm splicing fluorocarbon into hollowbraid and connecting it with an uni2uni to the solid braid. It passes the stationary object pulling test, but i still haven't pulled on a nice fish with it yet.

Theres a few newish knots out there that I want to mess around with too, but this post is too long as it is.