Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Rod gurus...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rod gurus...

I would be interested in hear opinions about what you guys think I should mount my Fuego 1500A for fishing 6lb line for d/s worms, mini jigs and wacky stuff. 7' would be nice as I'm on shore more than on the water at this point in time. Obviously it's gonna have to be a bit heavier than a drop shot rod to handle all three of the above applications. I like GL2's for HOW THEY FEEL (action wise and feel in my hand both), but am open to other suggestions as always.

Something I could feel locally would be nice too. I like to feel the action and feel of the rod before I buy it which is what will usually make the sale. Also need to try fitting the reel to the rod so I can't order online, or at least I'd have to try in the store first and then order online or whatever.

Any input?
    I don't think I like the high modulous carrot sticks and Cumaras. I've tried and own(ed) both at one time or another and they are overly sensative and have no action compared to other rods I've felt. They feel like airy straws that don't want to bend. I guess I don't like that much. I might be the only one in the world who thinks so but some of these newer rods are kinda weird.

To be honest, weight means nothing to me either. My arms still hurt after using the lightest combo I could get (Cumara/50mg) on a 20 fish day cranking or 10 fish day in the bay.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-21-2009 at 09:14 AM.