Having done this little jaunt to SQ over the years I've come to realize that every trip has it's own little flavor. This trip was punctuated with spices of:

- Mexican Doritos Chile Verde (I think I got everyone hooked on these)
- Onyx's pet Sea Hare
- Grown men drinking Pina Coladas
- Pounds and pounds of bonito sashimi and ceviche
- Experiences in fine dining with "My Homie Oz"

We kicked off the trip bright and early in SD with my mandatory safety meeting. Crossed in to TJ in a 3 car caravan, and immediately the blood pressure shot up as we were missing Joe and Adir. They got the dreaded "luz rojo" at the crossing, and subsequent to the inspection could not make it across traffic to the right hand turn off to the "cuota". After hailing them on the radio and driving as slow as possible in the slumiest of neighborhoods, they finally caught up to us. (good job & good memory remembering the "trick" to it Joe!) Adir denies it, but we are pretty sure a 5 carat rough diamond fell out of his butt from stressing! LOL

After an uneventful ride down to SQ (the way I like it!), we checked in and had our complimentary Sol. While the rest were taking in the new sights and scenes, I grabbed Onyx and Adir and went on a scouting mission for Wingnut. We hit Pabellon Beach and drove several miles on the beach..... (Arthur, these spots look good to me!!)

On the way back we hit a little mom-n-pop taqueria and had some food with Federales. That was a first for me... Later that night we all feasted at Los Jardines. Their surf & turf is killer! We had the mariachi play "Rancho Grande" for DeanHall who could not make it this trip.

Later that night, Onyx found a friend.

Fishing. Well, let's just say AccuWeather.com lacks in the "accu" part. The morning was met with dense fog and some nice swells. It flattened in the afternoon, and the sun finally burned thru. I fished with Olfishergal and Onyx and my favorite pangadero, El Pato. It bears mention that I have never ever experienced someone rally back from being seasick as good as Onyx!! After chumming a tad, and a nap, the man was re-born hardcore. I'm very impressed.

There was tons of surface activity, and so our goal was to cycle through enough bonito with hope of running in to some yellows. We trolled to cover ground and were constantly on a double hookup with the diving hardbaits. At stops I would drop a Pl68 or dropper loop a live greenback, but alas, no love on the YT, despite fishfinder indications otherwise. After a while, this became no more fun, and no one wanted to reel them bonito in anymore, so we stopped for lunch and didn't fish for about an hour. I brought some seaweed/Ponzu/chopsticks/wasabe for sashimi, so we carved up an ENTIRE bonito, which was scarfed down between Pato, Onyx and myself. That stuff is so darn good....

A bunch of laughs and lingcod later, we headed back north from the 240 and entered the bay. I drove the boat while Pato scouted for fish up front, and Onyx had himself a beer (you would have never known this guy got seasick!!) LOL. We made a few drifts for WSB where they were caught last week, but no love. At least we gave it a quick try, and thats why I like fishing with Pato....he fishes it to the very last possible moment. In fact, we got in several hours after everyone else.

Hookup!

Once the obligatory turista pics at the cleaning station were done, we all met up at Don Eddie's for the infamous clams. Suffice it to say, we ate like kings...

Did I mention I saw some allegedly heterosexual men order some drinks at the bar? LMAO!

The next day, on the way back to the border we stumbled across a little Fish Taco place. The old lady who ran the joint must have thought her morning prayers were finally being answered when she saw the rotundness that is us when we got out of the car! We ordered approximately 2 zillion tacos, while Joe and Adir did the hardcore sunday menudo thing.

Hello Kitty

Dude...what part of the cow is that??????

We eventually crossed the border after what seemed like a minimal wait time. No problemas.

Taking reservations now for next trip to San Quintin....caravan departs in April sometime.