I hiked to the West Shore to get a good fishing spot where I wouldn't be totally crowded out. The least thing I expected was to be crowded out by boats. Two pontoon boats to be exact. One came literally 25 feet from the shore and they were casting towards the shore. Their lines were dropping 10-15 feet from the shore (I'm not exagerating here). I couldn't cast out without overlapping their lines. The first time they cast out towards me I put my hands up like "WTF?!" and they turned around and one younger guy started laughing. Wish I could've slapped that prick. The guy next to me called the office and security came out and asked the boat further away to move. He didn't talk to the boat in front of me because I wasn't standing in front of my poles and it didn't look like the pontoon was right in front of me. The guys in the other pontoon acted like they were pulling up anchor but as soon as security was pulling away they sat back down. By now the pontoon by me had drifted even closer. It was ridiculous. I called the office and ratted out the guys who didn't move and asked them to bring security back. He came back, gave the a-holes a stern talking to (they said they did move and must have drifted) and then went over to the boat near me. He said something very quietly to them that I couldn't hear and left. They didn't move. So I casted out over their lines AGAIN and obviously snagged them. I just yanked and broke my line. They gave in only after i made THEIR fishing experience uncomfortable, so they pulled up anchor and moved away.

Sorry the post is so long. If you didn't read the whole thing, the point is if you're in a boat don't be a-holes and give the shore fisherman some room. We hiked all the way out to the west shore to get a comfortable fishing spot, which is scarce at the Vine, so don't be greedy bastards and take our spot when you have access to tons of other great spots on the lake.