Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Tui Chub question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tui Chub question: Answered by DFG Senior Biologist!

Hello everyone. I have a quick question: A few years back I identified this fish as a tui chub with some help from people on this network.

If I am correct and this is a tui chub, they are an endangered species correct? I am curious because I noticed today there is no entry for the tui chub on the cali state fish records list. I catch a few pretty fat boys every year when I am fishing in the june lake loop, and if I catch one this year I will probably enter it to the IGFA or something, unless because it is an endangered species they wont accept it, or it would be frowned upon to enter such a fish. So, I wanted to check on the norcal board to make sure it was identified correctly, and if so is there a record somewhere I am not finding?

I thought it would be cool to be in a record book, even if only for a while.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Of coarse I would just measure, weigh, photograph and release. I would never keep such a fish in case any of you were wondering if I planned on freezing it for inspection. It isnt that important that I would kill an endangered species, I just figured it would be fun.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Slims; 05-19-2008 at 12:10 PM.