i when with my gf and a friend on the new del mar on one of their twilight runs. it wasnt very packed so that was nice and the captain said we were only 15 mins away from the fishing spot. :D i was pretty excited because i heard that the day before there were 16 ppl and all together the got about 100 sand bass!

...our trip didnt do as good. the boat was using frozen squid and everyone was squid-and-jigging. so we did that for a while and caught nothing so i switched to plastics and caught to small sculpins. the boat moved to a couple of spots and along the way my gf got seasick. the waves were pretty rough and to top it off there were only 2 sandbass (nice ones too) that i saw pulled up. someone else caught a bat ray but that was it. overall it was not a very good trip but i still enjoyed being out on the water. and its pretty neat seeing where i fish on the shore from the water.

this was only my second time out on one of these fishing boats and it didnt go too well... better luck next time :?