Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Need help on sea eagle 9

Default Need help on sea eagle 9

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I am shopping for a watercraft. I will mostly be using it for fresh water pond/lakes and if possible nph bay if I can.

I have no driveway/yard/garage to hold a johnboat or kayak. Also on a relatively tight budget.

I am looking into getting the sea eagle 9 w/ the motormount package for around $500. This way I can take my gf or dad fishing and still have room for gear and have the ability to stand up and fish if I want to. I was wondering if any of you have experience w/ it at all? Are their better similar watercraft for that price new? Is it hard to row it? I will be looking into getting a trolling motor for it down the line.

Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance guys

Default Re: Need help on sea eagle 9

I have a sea eagle 9 that I take to the harbors and lakes as well. I put a 55 pound thrust trolling motor on it and carpeted the floor boards and transom for stability when you stand. Good Luck and I definetly recommend it I will try to send you a picture if I get a chance. Oh ya dont forget to register the boat if you get a trolling motor.

I can't wait to see some pictures. I am interested in what trolling motor did you get? is it salt water safe? For now I dont see myself getting one yet so i would really like to know how is it like to row the boat? does it go fairly fast/slow? is the oar locks strong enough? How much does it cost to register the boat? Thanks

Mike

My pictures are at home so when I get home I will try and upload them. To register the boat it was like 60 bucks and thats for 2 years the tax on it for the year was $4.50

I got the Rip Tide Minn Kota its awesome

I could shoot you a picture message from my phone I just remmebered that the pictures are on my phone not my computer good luck

I can't wait for the pictures.

How much did you payfor your trolling motor and where did you buy it? is it salt water safe? What kind of battery and battery charger?
    I know i have a lot of questions because I dont know a thing about the trolling motor/battery/battery charger.
    Thanks

Mike