Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ride

Default New Ride

I'm thinking about getting a pontoon but want some real world experience with the WaterSkeeter, Cabelas Fish Cat and ODC products. I need help with which one is more durable, quality, and has the better customer support?

Thanks
    Rick

Default Re: New Ride

I like the Creek Co boats. Mine is an ODC 1018 and I've had it a little over two years. It's in great shape and customer support is outstanding.

Haven't had a single quality issue with the Fish Cat Cougar. Been beating it up every weekend for a few months since I had it. Worth the money for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by maya373ufetnsa
    I'm thinking about getting a pontoon but want some real world experience with the WaterSkeeter, Cabelas Fish Cat and ODC products. I need help with which one is more durable, quality, and has the better customer support?

Thanks
    Rick
    Got a killer Outcast Pac 900 with Launching Gear http://www.launchinggear.com for $450. Used only 6 times.Much better quality than any of the pontoons you are looking at. Total setup cost over $1200 brand new. Check out the Outcast website.

Thanks and let me know if you want to take a lookat the pontoon!

The Cabelas fishcat is an outcast boat made for cabelas, to say they are far superior to the boats listed I personally think is not accurate. While I do agree they are a good boat I would not say they are far superior. If you want the best you can buy a Dave Scadden design from North Fork Outdoors. They are the superior boat in my opinion. I was a pro river guide for over 18 years and I know a couple of things about inflatable boats. Outcast boats are very good and the asking price of mlyons310 is a great value. If that's the type of toon your looking for I would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronira
    The Cabelas fishcat is an outcast boat made for cabelas, to say they are far superior to the boats listed I personally think is not accurate. While I do agree they are a good boat I would not say they are far superior. If you want the best you can buy a Dave Scadden design from North Fork Outdoors. They are the superior boat in my opinion. I was a pro river guide for over 18 years and I know a couple of things about inflatable boats. Outcast boats are very good and the asking price of mlyons310 is a great value. If that's the type of toon your looking for I would buy it.
    Mlyons' toon seems like the kind of toon I'm looking for, but I can't afford it at the moment. So I guess I'll continue saving up for that Madison River I've had my eye on.

Hey Rick check out the pontoon this member has for sale. It is the model you are looking for for $200. http://http://fishingnetwork.net/for...p?f=33&t=10486

Umm... Who's Rick?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, but I was thinking more on the lines of a 9' boat, urethane bladders, aluminum frame, Halkey Roberts valves, and a 15yr. warranty. Plus, I'm not really an Incredible Hulk kinda guy, I'm more into the Spiderman scheme :lol:.

[attachment=0:0014b]madisonriverst9.jpg[/attachment:0014b]

Good choice SoCal, that green boat is a trout unlimited lake model. Low end boat, ( sells for $312.00 ) with no whitewater rating. The North Fork Outdoors boat, SWEET.

i have the ODC816 and its been really good to me, ive added a standing deck and it hold me perfect.. its rated for whitewater and is only about 400 bucks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast