Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: "VENICE FISHING CLUB"

Default "VENICE FISHING CLUB"

Went to manhatten wendsday to fish the churned up sand for perch since the waves were 8-10ft. Only one dink and a thirty dollar overtime parking ticket. :roll: Met an older asian F. man going off the pier when I was going on, and he said, venice was'nt biting either so he came here, two croakers only! He said, he just had a fishing derby about two weeks ago with his fishing club "Venice fishing club" and they decided to dis-band :( He seemed sad about it,I felt sorry for him, but oh well, may God bless him with better fishing days ahead!! I googled "Venice Fishing Club" and would think you other FFNers might find the info. on these guys interesting ? Like to fish and talk with some of these guys that are left, must be gold mines of experiencial info.? :)

Default Re: "VENICE FISHING CLUB"

Never hear of that club.

TM65

never heard of it, must be just between friends. Well I don't pierfish so I wouldn't know.

Sorry to hear about the disbanding of the Venice Fishing Club. It would seem the younger generations of Japanese-Americans are not taking up the sport as much as their parents. Bummer. I wonder if any of the early members were Manzanar internees??

Know an older 70-80yr. old japanese american fisherman named Tom Oshita who was in one of those camps when he was a young boy! used to go fishing with him and the club he was in when they would go out of San diego on the "Top Gun"Man!! these guys were hard core!! :) They had a written club aggreement that said if one of them passed away (they were all above 65yrs,) on the boat while fishing, they just throw you in the fish freeze and continue fishing ! :shock: :secret: Many would sleep at the tables or down in the bunks while the more sturdy ones would troll when grey light came early morning in the fishing area. BUT! when those two words "HOOK UP" were heard !! they were right there at the rail ! and when there was a multi hookup these guys were professional! no deck hand yelling orders on how to move or what to do, these guys had it down :thumb: