Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/4/07 ViCtOrY rEpOrT

Default 11/4/07 ViCtOrY rEpOrT

The fishing wasn't the greatest but we did have a great time fishing.

4g63power
    Ymin72
    Nancy (osiito's girl)
    osiito
    One_Leg
    ghetto dad
    Next Fishing Champ
    Sesgia
    LA Smoker
    k3vin_kim
    boxl0bster
    Alex (newb)
    t3rry
    b20monster

Captian and owner of the Victory George, spent the morning at the Shoe where the first 2 stops produced plentiful whitefish and sheephead for all 30 something people on the boat. Setup of choice was either a reverse dropper loop or a double reverse dropper loop. We didn't have any live bait so strips of squid was our only choice. The morning stops were shallow @ about 90 feet so a 6 oz torpedo was perfect. I think all of us managed to do well in the morning.

One_leg brought up a nice Lingcod but it was barely short. But it was exciting none-the-less. Nice fish Alan.
    b20monster (Dara) also hooked up with a short ling. 20 inches.
    Osiito hooked up and landed 2 sheephead. Good Job.
    And everyone else landed bagfuls of white fish, if they were lucky enough to get passed the pesky mackerals.

When the first 2 stops slowed down i noticed Next Fishing Champ Steve take a break and sit down by himself.
    "ROCKFISHING SUCKS~!!" I think he got spoiled from his recent trip to Cabo Loco. He didn't seem thrilled by what we were catching and especially by what we were pulling up on our next 3 drifts.

In the afternoon, we picked up anchor and took a 40 minute move just outside the horseshoe. The clouds masked the sun and wind was beginning to pick up so the whitecaps were splashing water onto the deck as we headed to our next destination. Just outside the Shoe, we see the Enterprise with anglers winding like crazy but taking forever for them to get their fish up.

I asked Capt. George how deep are we here? "350 feet."

Nice. It's been a while since I've last fished 350 feet. While we dropped our 10-12oz weights, we all looked to our immediate left and right to see if the other guy had hit bottom yet. By the time we hit bottom... or think we hit bottom, it looked like as if we had casted yo yo jigs as FAAAAAAAAR as we could. All the lines were almost parallel with the water~!

These 3 drifts produced Chilies. A rockfish that i have never seen before but don't look THAT much different than an ordinary rockfish. Same color, Same typical size but different pattern. After catching a few Chilies, my arm got tired so I took a break and snapped some pictures. Mike waved me over to come and fish but the reward was not worth the battle of reeling in 350 feet of line with a 12 oz weight.

"Kev, I'm going to order a beer so can you fish this for me??" so I grab his setup and notice that he has about 5 feet of spectra on the spool. I get a tap tap and i begin reeling in the spectra. Mike comes back with his beer and i can tell he's laughing on the inside. I try to give him back the fishing pole because the spectra was cutting into my thumb. He backs up and eggs me on to keep bringing it in. OMG, it took about 5 minutes and 7,000 rotations of that Saltist to realize that Mike was using NO MONO so he KNEW that I was going to be reeling in 7,000 rotations of Spectra. The payoff was minimal. I hate Chilies.

Boxl0bster hooked up and brought in a NICE RED~!! His was the last fish of the drifts. Nice Ernie.

We headed back into the shoe for one more chance at Lings. At this point most of us are either drunk or tired and cold. We play games with each other and laughed and joked around. Bob kept pouring beer and water into Mike's Neoprene boots. And Ghetto dad was trying to make me feel bad because i didn't land my Lingcod that I had promised him the day before. Osiito was throwing pretzles at our group trying to make it in their mouths... as they barked and slapped their hands like sea lions.

At the end of the day, Alex the newcomer took home $130 for the FNN side jackpot with a 3.5 pound white fish.

After fishing, we went to a korean restaurant for some hot soup and some good laughs. Till next time.

Thanks for coming out everyone. And thanks Ghettodad for almost getting divorced so that you could make it out with the boyz. Peace.

Default Re: 11/4/07 ViCtOrY rEpOrT

[url=http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/k3vin_kim/?action=view&current=MOV02485.flv:a47b4][/url:a47b4]

[url=http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/k3vin_kim/?action=view&current=MOV02489.flv:14319][/url:14319]

[url=http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/k3vin_kim/?action=view&current=MOV02497.flv:1db6d][/url:1db6d]

ok

Great report..although you left out that the new guy....John, not Alex....skipped out on the dinner tab..LMFAO all i remember was the waitress coming back with his CC card saying..."I sowie U have anoter card"? LMAO

Thanks for dinner Mike!

lol nice videos, pics and everything else sorry i couldnt make it. the golf course opened back up so ill be working a lot more. but next sunday i should be there. i hope i have enough money lol. story of my life right. looks like the nbu had a big group this time, thats awesome looks like every one had a great time. thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by christainmetalhead909
    lol nice videos, pics and everything else sorry i couldnt make it. the golf course opened back up so ill be working a lot more. but next sunday i should be there. i hope i have enough money lol. story of my life right. looks like the nbu/bbfnn had a big group this time, thats awesome looks like every one had a great time. thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad
    ok
    ok what?

What happened to my tattoo picture... :lol:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast