Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Okuma Carbon Technology MAKAIRA Trolling Rods w/Gomexus Knobs!

Default Okuma Carbon Technology MAKAIRA Trolling Rods w/Gomexus Knobs!

Makaira Abalone Series Offshore Trolling Rods!

Okuma years ago had plans on replacing their Abalone Inlayed Trolling Rods with the new PCH Series. But i guess trollers like myself still like the original Abalone series even though i also like the new PCH series as well. Currently they're still 6 models ranging from 5'8" to 6' in H to XXH. The 2 rods used here are the 6ft in XXH.

Great for stand-up tuna action at the buoys to trolling the inside or outside as your main rods. I do love the large framed ALP roller guides! Easily allows any knots to safely pass through. The carbon composite blanks used are finished w/shrink tube grips & abalone inserts were added for that extra flair!

Let's face facts. For years these trolling rods provided a good stand-up length as well as accessing the tip trolling them on the inside or out. And they do look CHERRY! Why do you think i got myself a pair?

https://youtu.be/3u3wPkQ54G4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Okuma Carbon -Cover.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	54303