Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Skinner Intell

Default Lake Skinner Intell

Any intel on Lake Skinner

I plan to be there next saturday, bringing a co-worker from San Diego hopefully we find something out there.

Hey Harley! Last couple months have been brutal out there. November was epic for a couple weeks, but since December not much going on. I stayed home the last week or two, but I'll be going the end of this week. (23rd)

Thanks Pat I have the trip booked for the end of April. I had to push my reservations three times already because of the rain. Let know how you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley51 View Post
    Any intel on Lake Skinner
    Fished yesterday from 7-2pm, saw about 8 trailers in the R1 parking lot, water temp 55f lake had a trout plant earlier this week. Fished around ramp 2 first part of the morning. There is no water coming in. Talked with caveman at the dock he didnt have anything to report. Will likely come back next month when the water temps are warmer, was marking fish outside R1 in the channel 20' in mid channel but I didnt bring my downrigger or lead core setups. Good luck out there,

Good to see the regulars still hitting the lake. Was there in December, and it was horrible. I will be making my first trip of 2024 to the lake next week. I will post a report on how successful or unsuccessful on the trip with what baits were used. Good luck if anyone makes it out this week.

I was there 3/5. Water is falling fast a good 10 feet down. The inlet canal was empty. I actually marked a couple bait balls but skunked.

P.A.W. any new Intel.

Harley,

Planning on going out for a morning session on Saturday. I will post the results afterwards.

Fished from Open to 10:30. I went 0 for 9 on the frog, 0 for 3 twitching floating rapala, and 1 for 1 on th a-rig. Water temp was 65.4 F at launch and wrmed up to 67.2 F in the East end. There were some boaters fishing in the channel in the east end and the seagulss were circling but did not see any activity.