Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Broke In My NASCI Reel To Match My HANDING Rod!

Default Broke In My NASCI Reel To Match My HANDING Rod!

Went Out In The Field To "Fine Tune" My New Spinning Combo!

I've recently received 3 spinning rods from Handing & a Shimano NASCI 4000XGFC from another source. Handing is a fairly new fishing company & so far the few rods i tried were of good quality though inexpensive. Plus a Handing 4000 spinning reel took the whole box of braid & could've handled more line. That impressed me along with the inexpensive MSRP.

The rod is nothing short of an exceptional purchase! For years i've been using 9'6" to 10'6" spinning rods for distance. This 8'6" MIRAGE Rod is quite unique in its build. A lot of attention went into the slightest of details. It's also visually appealing & really inexpensive. Price has almost doubled since they sent me my first rod & they sold out of that model in the USA.

At first i thought it won't accept the 4000 Shimano that was also sent to me. The reel nylon seat originally wouldn't accept most of the reel's metal foot so i went & ordered a 3K Shimano reel. Oops! It does indeed accept a 4K reel foot. Seems it takes a little time for the nylon seat to "mold" itself around the foot. So does this bother me? Nah, the company issued a full replacement guarantee for up to 1-year that covers everything.

The reel is a Shimano NASCI 4000 XGFC. I already have 2 older NASCI reels, a 3K & 4K from 6-7yr ago in storage. Black & gold. Seems these reels are still as good as ever. Really exceptional free spin! And the best thing i like about the newer models? NO ANTI-REVERSE SWITCH! One less entry point for water to enter. But i now have a BNIB Shimano 3000 that is en route. Don't know what i'm going to do with that one now as i thought i'd need it for the Handing rod at 8'6". But i still have 2 other Handing models at 8ft each so might try it on one of those but already have 2 new reels for them already.

https://youtu.be/KzI7m2yN0G4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Modified.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	54196