Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shimano's Sienna 4K Spinning Reel Reviewed!

Default Shimano's Sienna 4K Spinning Reel Reviewed!

Got This Rear Drag 4000RE Model Directly From a USA Shimano Fishing Site at a Huge Discount!

It wasn't just the price. The online service was great. The SHIPPING WAS FREE to Hawaii!. Took only 2 days. Also it was shipped in a tough brand new box, not a padded envelope. I even got a message asking me if everything was satisfactory. Really great service & prices. Still on cloud 9. Then after i left a very positive message for the company something caught my eye.

A upper-end Shimano Spinning Reel was listed that wasn't there yesterday. A 5000 size. Only 5 were listed and 4 had sold overnight. So i again message them & they said the US branch will no longer stock this item but the warranty will still be valid even though it's below cost. So i looked again to be sure on the model & size & i purchased it. I could put that online locally at full MSRP & sell it no problem here. But i'm going to keep this one. Only catch i see it's a few years older model but no problem as the stats are the same as the current models.

Even the rods are free of postage as well. Guess i'll have to troll this site daily now. I still have to spool this puppy and i received several boxes of Spider Wire braid at 15lb in 300yd spools. This reel should be able to take most of it, we'll see.

As i stated earlier it incorporates a rear drag system. Reels like this tend to be "sleeker" in profile as well. Also utilizes the Propulsion Management System for longer casting w/reduced backlashes. The 4K to 5K sizes are perfect for 7 to 8-1/2ft rods. Also 8-14lb monofilament line or 8-25lb braided lines. Can go longer of course.

Gear Ratio is 5.1:1 though the 4K FE unit is 5.2:1.
    Line Retrieve is 32in (82cm) per crank.
    Maximum Drag is questionable. One source says 6 while another 12?
    Bearing Count is 1+1 for 25 grade bb (most are 22 grade).
    Weight is 12.9oz (365g).

Braid Capacity
    15lb- 280yd
    30lb- 170yd
    50lb- 150yd

Monofilament Capacity
    8lb- 240yd
    10lb- 200yd
    12lb- 160yd

All in all this is a good budget reel that's fairly priced at under $35. I'll be spooling it with Spider Wire 15lb braid. Got several 300yd spools yesterday. For this demonstration i paired this reel with a 8ft HANDING Magic L 2 Piece Finesse Fishing Rod.

(I just spooled it and it took all 300yd of my Spider Wire EZ braid at 15lbs)!

https://youtu.be/iHmW0Z80b_c
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Sienna .jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	54181