Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: BIGFOOT (Reel) Sighted in Hawaii!

Default BIGFOOT (Reel) Sighted in Hawaii!

BFT1000! Looks Like The Only Open Box Revue On The Bigfoot Reel On YouTube!

These Bigfoot spinning reels are mean't for ultra-light to light applications. I suspect more for freshwater panfishing. I purchased this 1K model on eBay . The smaller sizes would be perfect for ice fishing. The unit comes in a box fairly barebones (ie no warranty or product description). It does have very basic information. The information i provided in this video was from extensive internet searching just to post this review.

My 1st impressions? Size-wise larger than i previously thought it would be. Reel colors are attractive. The height of the spool was a big plus. Meant the line capacity rating of 200m of 0.20mm line was for real! Felt sturdy in my hand, not flimsy. To me one of the most important features was-
    IT HAD A EXTRA-THICK BAIL WIRE! Big plus on that one.

So i spooled a 150yd fill spool of 5lb Power Pro braid on using my Fishon Spooler. It took it all with room for more! Rating is Ultra-Lite to Light. I've never seen rating this before but it feels right for this reel. Fits well in my hand, weight distribution & feel as well. On my 5'6" UL rod it looks & feels too "beefy". On my 9'6" Light rod it looks & feels too small. Thinking of looking around for a 6'7" to a 7'9" Light rod just for this new addition. It's beefier than your typical UL but not as "average" as a typical 3K all purpose spinning reel if that makes any sense.

https://youtu.be/ZvfA6VAWtCs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-BIGFOOT.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	54168  

I thought Hawaii didn't have bigfoots but had menehune instead