Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: On Site Review of Rockaway HD Surf Rods!

Default On Site Review of Rockaway HD Surf Rods!

Okuma's NEW Rockaways are Powerful Surf Rods! Featured is The 9'6" Great For Plugging!

John Bretza's newest addition to Okuma's Rockaway line-up is a truly powerful rod! I personally use the 12ft H rated from 6-16oz for pier & surf casting. Plugging it's the 9'6" size. These rods are low resin carbon with a tip over butt ferrule connection with a 70/30 split for that true 1pc feel. And that double locking reel seat just gives us that added security during a screaming strike! Rockaways are popular from Oregon to the Hawaiian coastlines for spinning action & now these HD's will venture your hooks out for bigger action!

For my 9'6" HD featured i use my 6000 sized spinners. For the money one of the BEST plugging rods out there though it was originally meant for surf casting (i've a feeling Okuma had no idea that the stats on the 9'6" is identical to some of the best plugging rods out there but at a fraction of the cost of others). On my 12's i use my 8K's. My 12ft H i use for heavy duty Surf Casting. Loads up well rated at 6-16oz.

https://youtu.be/b4KTojCYX4s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Rockaways.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	54159