Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The Chocolate Beach 1hr Tour is Open Daily!

Default The Chocolate Beach 1hr Tour is Open Daily!

I've Been Fishing This Hawaiian "Inland Sea" Since The 80's!

This place is a park open to the public. When the South Swell is up this is where i go, or the North shore. Brackish water. Called Chocolate Beach as the waters are chocolate colored due to the muddy bottom. But there's fish here. Besides Tilapia there's Sharks to Jacks. Even Bonefish! Also it's haunted. Yup! Not only myself but the park's supervisor to even the DLNR agent that frequents this area has had run-ins.

Place has an history. Was an ancient Hawaiian fishing village. Also a canoe style "bus stop". The villagers may have been moved years ago but from what i heard not some of the remains. Recently a huge brackish lake has been created here but it won't be visible on Google Maps yet. A new section is being cleared to increase the park's size (park has recently been re-named as well).

The land is under the State of Hawaii. You cannot enter the water as it's Federal (though the Feds refuse to acknowledge the care of the piers in their jurisdiction-but has ignored this for the State to hopefully pick-up their responsibility). That means no water activities are allowed (wading, swimming, canoeing, boating, etc).

For myself it's my testing grounds for highlighting new fishing products. But there has been times i found myself in battle with GT's to Sharks & Huge Sting Rays.

https://youtu.be/j-RVK1t6Vl8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Chocolate Beach.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	54157