Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: looks like the normandy invasion today

Default looks like the normandy invasion today

must be at least 100 boats out today between the front of radalina to clemente

and they picked a good time to go

fish were starting to bite
    good showing of tails and a few dodo's this morning
    slow troll rapalas and fly lining

spots of dirty water south of the rock quarry but deep purple almost everywhere else

spoters aren't seeing too many swords

no shortage of spear carp or yellowtail
    the backside of clemente showing a lot of fish

seems the blue fin are up above and out

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    must be at least 100 boats out today between the front of radalina to clemente

and they picked a good time to go

fish were starting to bite
    good showing of tails and a few dodo's this morning
    slow troll rapalas and fly lining

spots of dirty water south of the rock quarry but deep purple almost everywhere else

spoters aren't seeing too many swords

no shortage of spear carp or yellowtail
    the backside of clemente showing a lot of fish

seems the blue fin are up above and out
    Was out there yesterday on a sport boat chasing BFT. We got 2 booby prizes to take home in the way of BFT'S at 30 & 65 pounds. I call those booby prizes because I had an 100 plus pounder at deep color ready to die. When a 12 foot Mako forced him to make one last surge and sawed me off on the middle of the boat!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-11-2023 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Was out there yesterday on a sport boat chasing BFT. We got 2 booby prizes to take home in the way of BFT'S at 30 & 65 pounds. I call those booby prizes because I had an 100 plus pounder at deep color ready to die. When a 12 foot Mako forced him to make one last surge and sawed me off on the middle of the boat!
    Etucker pay the tax, the fish is over 100lbs plenty of meat left over after mako

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Etucker pay the tax, the fish is over 100lbs plenty of meat left over after mako
    You're right!!! Most of the other tuna that he hit only lost a tail. I would have loved it, if he only took the tail off. Losing the whole thing with nothing to show for it still hurts!

just got the all clear on the invasion

going out to bishops for a few days

if nothings snapping will wait it out and look around wasting time on spear carping
    heard they are thick

reassessing our plans got the heads up that water churned up cold today
    waiting to hear more options

be heading out in a hour or two
    just waiting for are pal to quit lagging and clear n.p harbor tag teaming is better out there always
    plus cover more ground
    still plan on heading west marlin between cat and sci today paddy's mostly empty and tuna hard to find from there to the tanner

got some numbers for a fir tree floating about 150 west of dp depending on weather and if we can find it it should be a salt water noah's ark

well mission accomplished

we left and headed out to the tanner

outside of clemente we started to see puddlers and metering lots of bait hung a few 20lb yft's as we headed west it started to get really lumpy maybe 8 to 12 and it picked up to blowing 15-20+ out of the sw
    headed back in ti sci.

spent 2 nights and a day killing time until it laid down

headed back out and it was really nice

saw lots of nice strippers big ones 170 -200lb range and schooling in 20-30 fish schools

paddy's weren't big producers on the troll

water was nice purple 68-75

headed to the south end of the tanner and started seeing schools of little dorado

thousands

between the 9 of us fishing on 2 boats we must have hooked 300 of them in less than 3 hours every cast on iron or chunks instant just like the trout farm
    we kept 4 of the biggest buddies did about the same big ones were in the 12-20 range but 9 out of 10 went below a nickel

kept heading out towards the garret and found our tuna
    nice spots of 30-50 lb yellowfin
    daily limits in a few hours
    latter on about sunset we picked up a boat heading our way on radar
    it was the fish and game expected the cg

no harm no fault

asked what fish we had and if we had current license's we did, never checked our catch
    really wondered what they were doing 120 miles off the beach

friday headed up towards the cortez

was like marine land foamers off and on all morning

hooked a couple of nice bft on the troll dorado hex heads 2 were tuff guys

farmed 1 and snapped the hook on the big one saw it i few times and it was 200+but who cares about a Kodak moment

got our 3 day limits on the yellowfins a few bft's had a nice mako that we tagged and released

all the 25lb+ jacks you wanted hungry
    eating the 60 so you semi had control

lots of big molas half ton models most i have seen in a long time

whales where thick too finbacks and sperms

giant spots of bait heading back towards clemente
    saw one spot of little mack's that had to be more than a mile long could see foamers working it horizon to horizon

surreal

alls wll that ends well
    had a annual community party for memorial day

fish for 600 and a week of fun