Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Rare Ultra-Lite Rod Find on Ebay!

Default Rare Ultra-Lite Rod Find on Ebay!

Okuma discontinued the original copper colored 5'6" SST UL Rod Line! Hard to get this stronger original version today! Instead they have the all new re-designed IM-8 graphite blanks for the "A" Kokanee Trout & Halibut Rods (including the 5'6"). A totally different feel which is still ok, but great to have the original for comparison!

I found this on eBay last week. Took only 3 days to arrive to Hawaii from California. Was packed extremely well. Only costed me $10 for shipping. Seller has vintage fishing rods & reels! The original intent of this rod was for Trout. That is why the line rating is 2-6ibs because the rod blank has to be sensitive to the slightest nibbles. Still available from 6' & up though. For our local Small Mouth Bass this would be a good rod (yes Hawaii has smallies).

Because of slippery rocks to over-grown vegetation in some areas a 5ft ultra-lite rod or even a 4'6" would be better. But a recent knee re-injury has limited my "slippery rock hopping" at least for now. Until fully healed i've been sticking to flatter terrain & now wear my neoprene diving footwear as well while fishing off the rocks. This rod even has dual steel banded rod band covers over the plastic bands. Maybe a 7'9" rod for Trout is better but a 5'6" Trout rod with backbone is great for smallies.

https://youtu.be/D1baazHFWaQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Rare Ebay UL.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	54154