Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How I Spooled My Gomexus Jigger!

Default How I Spooled My Gomexus Jigger!

I Decided To Pre-Spool My New Gomexus SX450 From Vernon Over at Gomexus USA!

So what are my plans on how i'm going to use this reel? It was designed for vertical jigging & to be affordable yet powerful. So jigging off the boat will be its main usage. Also trolling the shallow shorelines to get to the spots. Lastly i'll be shoreline casting this reel for Trevally Jacks & Bonefish.

This could be a multi-purpose reel. So choosing the right combinations of line was important. It still may need to be "tweaked" a bit but this will be my starting point. I think pier fishing the flats will be good using this reel so adding the monofilament top shot was important. Used a uni-to-uni knot to tied the 40lb braided mainline to the monofilament top shop. Will try casting this on land before going out fishing. Need to configure the weights needed.

https://youtu.be/NLP_dqfDwYA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic-Spooled My JIGGER.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	54152