Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Affordable Gomexus SX450! Jigging Power!

Default Affordable Gomexus SX450! Jigging Power!

Vernon At Gomexus Sent Me A Reel To Review!

I had almost forgotten about possibly receiving this jigging reel. For the past year i've struck up a friendship with Vernon over at Gomexus USA. It started over a conversation of if i could figure out a way of applying existing Gomexus conversion kits to accessorize Okuma's Blue Azores Spinning Reel. That project took awhile as i wanted to be sure about the results. Not only did it work for the Blue Azores but it also worked on the original Azores series as well (had to cross-over & use large Daiwa Knobs & got "creative" on the hardware used).

This was during the 2023 iCAST & everyone was busy. Even though i was sick this morning throwing up i still went out in the field. I caught a fish shore jigging & did my review of my GSP rig. At my front door i had no idea the UPS delivery guy had dropped-off my new jigging reel. So i first did my in the field report for Okuma followed by my unboxing video. Now i'm posting the 2 new additions to my channel & i'll be off to bed as i'm so sick right now. Actually swaying & can't eat. I do this because i want to help those who have questions on accessorizing their Okuma Reels. Just so happens i do own "a few".

I also found out the new Okuma Ceymar HD released spinning reel won't accept Gomexus conversion parts. The internal handle's drive system is unique. Gomexus needed someone who had the majority of their released products to help update their product's applications. I tried to turn this over to Okuma's Director of Product Development John Bretza but John said he'll trust me to help out Gomexus &.Okuma. Just want to clarify i'm not a Staffer with Gomexus but i do help other companies.

https://youtu.be/yR8wV4y1fGU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Affordable - Cover.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	54151